Sunday, November 17, 2013

An introduction

Warrior Mind is the title of my second book, published in 2009.  I have been a student of the martial arts for almost 50 years.  I have a 7th degree black belt in Korean Hapkido, and black belt rank in TaeKwonDo, Jujitsu, and Aikido as well.
      I have also been writing fiction for about as long, and have had several short stories published in literary magazines and reviews; the first of which was published in 1972.  A collection of my short stories, Sailing Away was published by Lost Horse Press in 2000.       My latest book is a children’s Christmas fable called The Archangel’s Gift  published in 2012. It has received several very positive national reviews.  This blog is to share some of my short stories, Zanshin columns, (first published by the World Oriental Martial Arts Federation) excerpts from my books, and whatever else comes to the surface.  Many thanks to my neighbor, Greg Moore, who helped get me started.

1 comment:

  1. This book has truly changed my life. The art of hapkido is amazing and truly magnificent! Nobody could capture it better than Dick Morgan. He is truly an inspiration and in some cases like mine a savior. This is the perfect read for anyone looking to bring positivity into their life wether to help their pursuit in a martial art or just to simply make themselves a better person. It has helped me with both imensly. Thank you Dick Morgan. Before I read this book I was on a path of spiraling destruction and now I am taking baby steps on a path to the most amazing life I couldn't have dreamed of. You will always have my highest respect and my friends too becuase they have also been greatly impacted by this read. I wish I could thank you In person.
    “If the only tool you have is a hammer,
    everything starts to look like a nail. –pioneer adage”

    Excerpt From: Morgan, Dick. “Warrior Mind.”

    ReplyDelete